A Poet Never Sleeps

One day you will be faced with the impossible. When you become afraid, become inspired.

02 April 2012

Stage Crew 2012

Had a lighter taken to my wrist
And forest to wear all black for weeks
I stayed after to school for hours

And gave up my winter break
Get yelled at by directors

And climbed 50 feet in the air
Got attacked in a group hug

And covered in whore makeup
Guns, fire, drugs, and rope
Baskets overflowing with cloth

Chasing across the curtains
Then sitting in stifled silence



But I’m not complaining
The stage has become my home
I live for tradition

And the trill of the night
This is my past, present, and future,
Build new memories

I can take pride in what I do
And my eternal family
Never will I work

With this group again
I’m growing new respect
For the arts

I wanted to thank you all
For the few months
That will last a life time

No comments:

Post a Comment