A Poet Never Sleeps

One day you will be faced with the impossible. When you become afraid, become inspired.

14 February 2013

Following A Relationship

My friends sit about and flirt
Impaired by amber liquid
Such that their morals tossed aside
Gaily they laughed, unaware
Of the emptiness they try
To fill with simple passion
Not seeking euphoria
Yet I pour efforts in
To my mind and body fair
Help those who need a hand to hold
The palace where loves shall sit
Harbors sorrow and despair
A darkness tingeing inward
Bittersweet this space is

Walking under the moon high
My dark coffee cup in hand
Out you stepped, nose in a book
Unaware of my presence near
That is until the moment
Where our bodies did collide
Pouring the libations out
Soiling the ground we walked on
Bent over to retrieve the gold
Our hands met and our eyes locked
A quick murmured hello came
A flash of teeth from within
With dripping, book he departed
I’d never said I’d see you again

On this account I’m proven
Wrong in many ways it seems
For every night after this
I saw you slip out there
Still buried in the stained book
Unaware that I drew near
I took a step back to save
The two of us embarrassment
This phenomena occurred more
And we fell into our own times
I made the choice to ask you
As to what you called yourself
You smiled and laughed. James you said
And yourself you replied grinning

I did not want to date him
Principle I stood upon
Wary of the time spent
And emotional distain
How minuscule this may sound
The point is lot to me for now
But others beg the differ
They argue that it would be best
For me to find a hand to hold
Practice, they say, for the future
When I am to marry a man
I think I mind bend in if he
Asked me to read the coffee book
I would see what my friends meant

Sitting on my desk, a stained book
I recognized it was the one
Yours from the fateful day we met
On the inside cover smudged
His number penned in blue ink
I picked up the phone and called him
Confusion in his voice; hi
We met for coffee that night
And every night since the phone call
Gifts from his hand appeared, a rose
The book, you ask, is well read
I begin to see the reason
That my friends urged me to find out
Why I was looking for  today

My heart flutters out of time
When the lights in his eyes sparkle
As he looks across the room
Eyes locked, fingers entwined together
To stop thinking in the I
 Instead a we becomes a new
Walking on cloud nine; happiness
Through rose colored glasses I see
Our infallible love a lust
Nothing could go wrong  you my dear  
Together we share our housing
A fury little chap we share
Walking in the moonlight with him
His warmth removes the bitter chill

As time flies out the window pane
Your little errors being to shine
The bed unmade, a damp towel
Thrown aside, next to books unread
To busy, we became, to drink
The bitter gold that drew us near
Although we see each other less
My hands miss the constant grasping
Our moments, fun and few, I love
Little things we fight over now
Our passion beings to languish
Every conversation mixed with ire
We’ve decided to move apart
To save us from bitter words

Because we will not speak again
The sound of knolls fills the air
Eyes dropped when passing in the hall
When others asked where the other
A  trunk of my possessions filled
Smelling of you, dropped on my door
I place our this in the mail now
Pictures taken in photo booths
My sweater still bears your cologne
Your key dangles among my own
I changed the answering machine
Back to what it was, a sing
All this packing into a box
On top “ I am keeping the dog”

We came to a conclusion now
To go out and see someone else
Its for the best we decided
Instead of this awkward dancing
Your tried to fight for our Westie
But in the end I won the day
He misses you on your day walks
Pasted the school where were met that night
I have to explain again and more
Of why your presence is empty
You say we will be friends forever
A lie, I assume, I was right
I am positive that you know
Both sides of our relationship

Back to our coffee shop I go
Returning to my long lost friends
Missing their coquettish actions
I neglected my mind and soul
Them I re-grow, back to their age
Euphoria, I did not find
Instead the emptiness remains
Augmented by our time
In time this wound will heal again
I wanted to say thank you
For each smile you brought to light
You walked in, a pretty blond in hand
Ice-y diamonds drip from her hand
But I’m glad that you are happy

No comments:

Post a Comment