A Poet Never Sleeps

One day you will be faced with the impossible. When you become afraid, become inspired.

08 October 2013

The Gentle Dying of Life Past


A poem written this time last year
Told of our joys and trials overcome
Now I write to say goodbye for the last time
 
Once spoke of future goals and past gatherings
Now silence fills the void
I prepare for the inevitable
 
I will always love you
So this end is bittersweet
Both choices make me mournful and rejoiced
 
Goodbye my dear
They say two hears come together and fall apart
For the greater good
 
It breaks my heart to leave
And I will be lonely once more
But I don’t regret it
 
We can scream and make up
For six months of bliss
And start this again
 
Or we can end this now
Remaining courteous strangers
With a shared past
 
Yes people will reference this
And it will sting
But I’ll remember

No comments:

Post a Comment