A Poet Never Sleeps

One day you will be faced with the impossible. When you become afraid, become inspired.

13 June 2011

My Prince Charming

As it rains above,
A few questions come to mind,
Is he out there somewhere?
Can he hear the thunder?

Standing in the street,
He fills my thoughts ,
Rain pouring down on my shoulders,
Wishing he was here.

Ice-y rain coming down,
I dream of my fairy tale ending,
A single kiss in the showers,
Dancing on the pavement.

Wrapped in his favorite  hoodie,
The smell of cologne within,
Sitting on the porch swing ,
Wondering what will happen.

Off in the distance,
A figure comes to form,
I run to open arms,
As the rain trickles over head.

I know I could ask for more,
I can have everything in the world,
But here in the rain,
I have all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment