A Poet Never Sleeps

One day you will be faced with the impossible. When you become afraid, become inspired.

28 October 2014

Together


You stand

And my heart stops

You call my name

And the room falls silent

A collective breath in taken

Shakily I stand

Thoughts race through my mind

Every fear and hope crashing into one

You say you’re sorry

That can we be friends again

A watery nod

And then a tight hug

As if we’re afraid

That when we let go

This will all slip away again

I whisper I’m sorry

 

As I sit down

Relief crashes over me

A smile splits my face

The next morning I sing and dance

We act as if the last months never passed

A pause button reset

Stopping only to apologize

Conversation flows again

As if it never stopped

Perhaps rough water lies ahead

But we can take it on

No comments:

Post a Comment